With energy bills soaring and looking likely to rise even further, you may be wondering about changes you can make to reduce electricity and gas reliance. A multi-fuel stove can be just such a positive change. But why should you consider switching to a multi fuel stove, from an electric fire? And what are the benefits of this? Well, here at JMS Wood Burning and Multi-Fuel Stoves, we are leading stove experts. From multi-fuel stoves, to wood-burning stoves, we have a wealth of knowledge, skills and expertise. And this is our guide to everything you should know about how multi-fuel stoves compare to electric fires.
What are the benefits of replacing electric fires with multi fuel stoves?
There are a number of reasons why a multi-fuel stove can be a more effective option than an electric fire. These include:
- Reducing energy bills- electric fires can be expensive to run, and this is a cost you might not notice until the end of the month, when the electricity bill arrives. With a multi-fuel stove, you can cut down drastically on your bills, as you wont need to use electricity to keep your home warm. You can also cut down on the gas bill, as a multi-fuel stove can warm your whole house, so you don’t have to rely on central heating.
- Effective heat distribution- there is no doubt that a multi-fuel stove provides a much more effective and efficient heat distribution, heating both large and small spaces effectively. The heat will also stay around longer, after the fire has been extinguished.
- Heating in a power cut- with a multi-fuel stove, you will still have heat and warmth from the fire, which is not something that an electric fireplace can offer.
Although multi-fuel stoves offer more advantages than an electric fireplace, there are some considerations, including:
- Multi-fuel stoves need a chimney and this will need to be well maintained too
- Electric fires can simply be plugged in, which is easier than building and maintaining a real fire.
For more information or advice, or to choose your new multi-fuel stove, get in touch with the experts today, here at JMS Stoves.